Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH’s data protection guidelines
We at Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH take data protection seriously. This privacy statement describes:
- the personal data that Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH collects when visiting our website;
- the purpose for which Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH uses your personal data;
- the legal grounds for processing your personal data;
- third parties to whom Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH may transfer your data;
- the period for which personal data received will be stored;
- the rights you dispose of when you are subject to data processing by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH.
1. What is personal data
Personal data is data that is related to an individual, e.g. Name, address, user behaviour etc.
2. Controller and Data Protection Officer
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH is the Data Controller and responsible for personal information received.
When you refer to Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH this refers to:
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH
a limited liability company registered at Germany under the company number (HRB 3160), represented by the managing director, Dr. Martin Schaich,
having its registered premises at 04347 Leipzig, Brahestraße 25-27
3. How does Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH collect personal data
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH collects personal data
- when you contact us directly, via our website, phone or email to make an enquiry, or request information about our products and/or services;
- when you buy a product, or service directly from Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH, or from an authorised retailer;
- if received from other sources with your permission.
4. What personal data is collected by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH when you visit our website
(1) When you visit our website without contacting us, your browser transmits the following information automatically to our server:
- IP address of your computer;
- Information about your browser;
- Websites your visited just before you landed on our website;
- URL or file requested;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Volume of data transmitted;
- Status information, e. g. error messages
(2) If you contact us by email or by contact form on our website, we receive the following information:
- Your email address and further information that you provide by email or contact form;
- Date and time of your message
(3) Shariff social media buttons
For the purpose of improving the quality of our website and based on Art. 6 Para 1 lit. f) GDPR Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH uses the ‘Shariff’ plug-in. Shariff is an open source program developed by c’t and Heise. By integrating this plug-in, linked graphics prevent social media plug-ins from automatically establishing a connection to the respective social networks server when visiting website(s) on which the plug-ins are integrated. Only if you click on one of these linked graphics will you be forwarded to the services of the respective social network. Only then information about your use of our website will be recorded by the respective social network. This information may include your IP address, the date and time you visited our site, as well as the pages you viewed. If you are logged in to one of the social network services while visiting one of our plugged-in websites, the information collected by the plug-in from your specific visit will be recognized by the provider of that social network and assigned to your personal user account there and/or publish information about your interaction with our site there. If, for example, you use the share bottom of the social network, this information may be stored in your user account and published on the platform of the respective social network provider. To prevent this, you must either log out of the social network before clicking the graphic or make the appropriate settings in your social network account. Further information about Shariff is available at https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/shariff.Social-Media-Buttoms.mit-Datenschutz-2467514.html. The following social networks are integrated on our website:
Facebook operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA, operated within the EU by Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. Privacy information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/policy.php. Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Facebook guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
5. To what extent and for what purposes does Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH process such data?
(1) When you visit our website, we use your IP address and the other data that your browser transmits automatically to our server in order to:
- send the requested content to your browser;
- protect us from attacks and to safeguard the proper operation of our website.
(2) If you contact us by email or by contact form on our website, we use the data under section 1 (2) to answer and, if possible, to meet your request.
6. Legal grounds for processing your personal data
The use of personal data is permitted under the pertinent EC data protection law (GDPR) on the basis of the following principal legal grounds:
- where such data processing is necessary to enter into or perform a contract with Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH;
- where personal data received is needed for to comply with legal obligations;
- where personal data is necessary in order to protect your or someone else’s vital interests;
- where such use occurs in order to achieve legitimate goals and Fischer ANalysen Instruments GmbH’s reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights;
- where you have consented to the use.
7. Third parties to whom we may transfer personal data received
(1) Personal information that we collect may be transferred to or accessed by third parties on our behalf, with your consent where necessary. The types of third parties include:
- IT providers who provide us systems and services for customer support;
- Logistics and courier companies that transport Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH’s products to you;
- Law firms providing legal advice to us.
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH may also transfer your personal data to a third party without your consent if there is an alternative legal ground.
External service providers assigned by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked for reliability and the safeguard of legal, technical and organizational data protection requirements.
(2) Processing outside the EU
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH acts on a global scale. Personal data received may be accessed by our staff, selected agents or contractors from countries not belonging to the European Union. Non-EU member states might have in place data protection laws with lower standards. We will ensure that personal information made accessible outside the EU is subject to appropriate safeguards. Certain countries outside the EU have been approved by the European Commission as providing essentially equivalent protection to EU data protection law. For countries not disposing of such approval we will either ask for your consent to the transfer, or such transfer will be subject to European Commission approved contractual terms that impose equivalent data protection obligations directly on the recipient, unless Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH is permitted under the pertinent applicable Data Protection Law to make such transfer without any such formalities.
8. How long do we keep your personal data
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH retains your personal information just as long as necessary for the purpose we obtained it for and other permitted linked purposes. In particular:
a) Use to perform a contract:
In relation to personal information needed for in order to perform any contractual information ith you, Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH may retain that data whilst the contract remains in force and for a subsequent period of 3 years to deal with queries or claims.
b) Where claims are contemplated
In relation to any information where Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH reasonably believes that it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
9. How do we keep your personal data safe
Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful alteration, destruction, loss of unauthorized disclosure. Such measures will be continuously enhanced in line with technological developments. However, data transmission over the internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
10. Rights of users
Where your personal data is subject for processing by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH you have several rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comprising:
- the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information on whether, and if so to what extent, Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH makes us of your personal data;
- the right to have inaccurate or incomplete stored data corrected by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH;
- the right to ask Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH for deletion or removal of person data gathered where there’s no compelling reason to keep it, such as legal obligations to be respected or the exercise or legitimate legal rights by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data, e.g. in case of an inaccuracy of data gathered or unlawful processing such data by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH;
- the right to data portability (the right that Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH transfers a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for your own purposes)
- the right to withdraw a given consent at any time;
- the right to object to the use of your personal data by Fischer ANalysen Instrumente GmbH;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority of the State of Saxony (Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit im Freistaat Sachsen, Herr Andreas Schurig, Devrientstraße 5, 01067 Dresden)